Temporary/OOC – Contracts Administrative Specialist
Human Services, a department of the City of Seattle, funds and operates programs and services that meet the basic needs of the most vulnerable people our community - families and individuals with low incomes, children, domestic violence and sexual assault victims, homeless people, seniors, and persons with disabilities. We invest in programs that help people gain independence and success.
The Contracts Admin Specialist will support the Aging and Disability Services Division Contracts Manager and the contracts team. Work includes supporting management and team members with administrative support, serving as the technical expert for all contracts communication, and special projects. Position will respond to confidential and complicated contract or grant inquires, provide clerical support to management and team members, compose contract letters and reports. This individual will coordinate with other City department staff, other agencies, community groups, and the public on contract related issues. This position will report to the ADS Contracts Manager.
- Perform administrative duties and clerical work supporting contracts team management and team members.
- Serve as the technical expert for all contracts communication, requires discretion due to confidentiality.
- Maintain the division contracts filing & tracking system(s) (materials are highly sensitive and confidential in nature).
- Research and compile information on special assignments that require a high degree of program knowledge and independence; prepares reports with a high degree of sensitivity or confidentiality.
- Organize and coordinates administrative support operations and procedures; evaluates procedures and revises as necessary; devises new forms to improve efficiency.
- Provide training and advising team members on office/administrative procedures;
- Ability to make judgments and decisions within established guidelines and alternatives such as those required to revise work procedures, re-order priorities and work schedules, interpret and apply specific department/program rules, procedures and criteria;
- Types narrative reports, contracts, invoices, forms, charts, and correspondence using word processors, personal computers, and typewriters; provides editing, formatting and proofreading services in the course of preparing finished copy;
- Querying databases to create ad hoc reports including financial reports in People Soft 9.2;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Assist with procurement of equipment and tools;
- Develop written reports, briefs, presentations and other documents for internal and external audiences.
- Experience working with or interest in learning SharePoint to maintain project sites falling within the responsibility of the Contracts team; and
- Utilize clear, concise, and professional communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Experience: Three years of clerical support experience in human services environment (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class)
- Experience in aging/long-term care services, non-profit, human services, public health or other public services;
- Proficiency in contracts/business communication and the ability to write clear, professional correspondence, letters, memos, reports;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organization skills, ability to prioritize work, and ability to multi-task in a busy work environment;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders, policy makers, partners, and agency staff.
- Strong level of knowledge and experience with MS Outlook, scheduling meetings and maintaining multiple calendars.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Excel to record and/or analyze data and Word to create professionally formatted documents.
- Experience collaborating with teams in a fast-paced hybrid working environment
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
Completed NEOGOV online application.Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education. Cover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications. Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including potential background check.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The pay range for this opportunity is $30.09 - $33.78 per hour.
This job is expected to be in the office a minimum of two days a week and is anticipated to last until early March 2024.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents. More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: https://www.seattle.gov/human-resources/benefits/employees-and covered family-members/most employees-plans
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check which includes criminal history and driving history review. Some positions also require a pre-employment exam. For more information on the Human Services Department, please visit: www.seattle.gov/humanservices.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents.
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at:
"Most" Employees Plans - Human Resources | seattle.gov
Closing Date/Time: 11/28/2023 4:00 PM Pacific