Temp Seasonal – Outdoor Program Trip Leader
GET PAID SHARING YOUR LOVE FOR THE OUTDOORS!
The Outdoor Recreation program is seeking outdoor enthusiasts to lead group adventures on our local trails and public lands!
This individual will be responsible for conducting programs on-site, interacting with the public, and representing the agency in a positive manner. Trip Leaders will conduct trips with another staff member or volunteer. Activities conducted in a variety of outdoor settings for a variety of ages and abilities including youth, teenagers, adults and families.
The Outdoor Program is seeking individuals who demonstrate competence and character which inspires trust. They should also have high integrity, tact, a positive attitude, good judgment, professionalism, strong interpersonal skills, and a collaborative style.
Schedule and hours do vary. Programs may operate 7 days a week and on holidays; long hours are sometimes required.
Part-time : Hours vary on days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Training is provide for new hires. Winter training dates are December 9th and 10th depending on snow.
$17.86 per hour + Depending On Experience
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
WORK RELATED REQUIREMENTS:
- Activities include Snowshoeing and some cross-country skiing.
- The hired employee will assist with on-site outdoor activities until they feel comfortable leading the activities with another assistant.
- Individual will be responsible for driving participants to and from activities throughout the day in 15 passenger vehicles as well as towing and backing up trailers that transport equipment to activity locations.
- Knowledge and experience in outdoor activities listed above.
- Excellent communication skill, leadership, decision-making skills, and a confident ability tospeak with the public and provide good customer service.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, and flexible enough to make accommodations for unforeseen events.
Requirements of work (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- The stamina to stand for long periods time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience facilitating activities.
- A background in outdoor recreation facilitation, teaching or related field.
- Have excellent communication, leadership, decision-making skills, and a confident abilityto speak with the public and provide good customer service.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of appointment.
- Possess a valid driver's license and social security card.
- Valid CPR & First Aid Certifications. Training provided upon hire.
- Pass background check.
- Pass a drug test.
- Pass a basic physical and 50 lb. lift test
- Be available for training dates.
Applicants must submit a resume and 2-3 references.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran/military status or disability status.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-11-20