Talent Acquisition Assistant
Seattle City Light, a department of the City of Seattle, is one of the nation's largest municipally owned utilities in terms of the number of customers served. Over the years we have worked very hard to keep Seattle's electricity affordable, reliable, and environmentally sound. Today, City Light is a recognized national leader in energy efficiency and environmental stewardship.
Talent Acquisition Assistants play a critical role in the People & Culture Division at Seattle City Light, providing specialized clerical support to the Utility's Human Resources unit. Interacting with all levels of employees, those hired into this role will have direct contact with City Light employees, supervisors and administrative staff, as well as employees of the Seattle Department of Human Resources. This position will support the People and Culture Talent Acquisition team and report to the Talent Acquisition Manager.
We want to talk to you if you have:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional follow-through for the purposes of maintaining the workload and providing timely responses
- The ability to be a self-motivated team player with the skills to be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Precise and comprehensive communication abilities, both orally and in writing
- Experience working in, and can demonstrate knowledge of, human resources practices
- A collaborative working style
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
- Provide excellent customer service and partner effectively with employees
- Manage shifting priorities with minimal direction
- Assist leadership in tracking organizational and business unit goals
- Prepare, edit, and review documents related to sensitive personnel matters
- Research and compile information, data, and prepare reports
- Assist in the preparation of highly confidential and routine documents and presentations
- Maintain confidential employee files, weekly logs, unit calendar, work files, and automated databases
- Provide administrative support functions including (but not limited to) scheduling and maintaining calendars and organizing meetings (often of a highly confidential nature) and prioritizing time to meet business needs
- Assist in planning and attending recruiting events, job fairs, interview and testing events
- Schedule candidate interviews and proctor candidate assessments
- Perform related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
Required Qualifications: In addition to the skills and experience mentioned below, a successful applicant will have experience that reflects a commitment to creating fair and equitable outcomes and has:
Two years of progressively responsible clerical work in a personnel office setting is required (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
Desired Qualifications - You will be successful if you have the following experience, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, or public administration, or a related field
- Experience and ability working effectively and collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds, both as customers and team members, while providing excellent customer service
- Adaptability and flexibility working with change, as well as considerable daily unpredictability and variety in the workplace
- Experience working with highly confidential and sensitive documents and issues
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Computer application skills (Office 365, databases)
- Experience working as a recruiting coordinator or in a recruiting function
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice .
The full salary range for this position is $29.54to $34.47 per hour.
Please submit the following with your online application:
- A cover letter in which you clearly describe how your knowledge, experience, skills, and abilities prepare you for the job responsibilities and qualifications outlined in the job announcement.
- A current resume of your educational and professional work experience.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all candidates that meet the qualifications. Seattle City Light values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Seattle City Light encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process, including the completion of a background check. The background check will involve a criminal history check, which includes conviction and arrest records in compliance with the Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance , SMC 14.17 and the City of Seattle Personnel Rule 10.3 . A driving history review may be conducted in compliance with SMC 4.79.020 . Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents. More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: https://www.seattle.gov/human-resources/benefits/employees-and-covered-family-members/most-employees-plans .
Want to know more about Seattle City Light? Check out our web page: http://www.seattle.gov/light/ .
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents.
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at:
"Most" Employees Plans - Human Resources | seattle.gov
Closing Date/Time: 10/31/2023 4:00 PM Pacific