Sr. Executive Assistant
Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is actively searching for an exceptional administrative professional to serve as a Senior Executive Assistant. In this role you will provide high-level executive assistance and direct support to the General Manager and CEO of Seattle Public Utilities. This position reports directly to the GM/CEO.
About Seattle Public Utilities: Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is a community-centered utility that delivers vital services to Seattle residents and businesses including drinking water, drainage and wastewater, and garbage/recycling/compost. SPU also provides drinking water for 1.5 million customers in the region. SPU's work includes system maintenance and improvements and keeping Seattle clean. Over 1,400 SPU employees work with our community to provide affordable and equitable stewardship of our water and waste resources for future generations.
For more information about Seattle Public Utilities (SPU), checkout the:
- SPU Website
- SPU Workplace Expectations (Download PDF reader)
- Strategic Business Plan
SPU commits to Our City Values and Race and Social Justice as core principles that guide our work. We actively take steps to dismantle systemic racism and increase service equity. We value diverse life experiences and strive to create a workplace that is welcoming to all. We take steps to be inclusive and equitable in our recruiting, hiring and promotional opportunities.
Why join our team?
We know work isn't only about what you do it's also about who you work for and with! SPU provides a fun and family-friendly work environment that supports a work life balance, including:
- Hybrid work schedule
- Family-friendly and multicultural work environment
- Generous benefits package
- Free Orca Pass
- City pension plan with employer/employee contributions
- Growth potential and advancement opportunities
As the Senior Executive Assistant to the GM/CEO, you serve as the main point of contact for the General Manager to other departments, agencies, the public, the Mayor's Office, City Council staff, and both internal and external stakeholders.
This position manages time-sensitive projects, enabling the GM/CEO to stay abreast of critical decisions and deadlines. You also prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, and other complex and sensitive documents. You will regularly engage with Branch leadership to ensure alignment of branch priorities with SPU's Strategic Business Plan.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Perform routine, complex, diverse, and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill, and knowledge of diversity and inclusion principles, City and SPU policies, and department practices
- Proactively manage the GM/CEO's calendar with high attention to accuracy, detail, confidentiality, and allocation of time to promote productivity and successful execution of SPU and Branch goals and objectives
- Direct and execute complex projects including coordinating, tracking, and researching information to respond to questions; updating databases; creating monthly reports or analyses, and organizing large volumes of materials
- Process, verify, and maintain human resources related documentation, including recruitment efforts, training, and classification requests for the Branch
- Respond to Branch informational inquiries and public disclosure requests
- Experience: Requires four years of experience as an administrative staff assistant, administrative staff analyst, budget analyst or in a related field .
- Education: B achelor's degree in business or public administration, or other filed related to administrative work
- A combination of education and/or training and/or experience that provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class)
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organization tactfully and effectively and maintaining high level of confidentiality
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently on assignments with sound judgement, frequently balancing competing priorities
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization with professionalism and personal credibility
- Exceptional writing, research, and analytical skills coupled with expert level knowledge of administrative and budgetary processes
This position allows for the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule. Employees will be required to come into the office a minimum of twice a week and may be increased based on business needs. Individual schedules will be agreed upon by the employee and their supervisor.
Who may apply: The City of Seattle encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experience. This position is open to all qualified candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. The City of Seattle values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The full salary range for this position is: $103,335.12 - $120,164.40
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact: Ernest Stephens at Ernest.Stephens@Seattle.gov
This hiring process involves a background check of conviction and arrest records in compliance with Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, SMC 14.17. Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents .
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: https://www.seattle.gov/human-resources/benefits/employees-and-covered-family-members/most-employees-plans
How to Apply:
When applying, please include:
- A full City of Seattle online application
- Resume, & Cover letter addressing your knowledge and experience, related to this position.
Learn more about Seattle Public Utilities at www.seattle.gov/utilities and check us out on social media.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents.
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at:
"Most" Employees Plans - Human Resources | seattle.gov
Closing Date/Time: 11/21/2023 4:00 PM Pacific