Senior Project Controls Analyst (Senior Capital Project Coordinator)
Vision: Seattle is a thriving and equitable community powered by dependable transportation.
Mission: To deliver a transportation system that provides safe and affordable access to places and opportunities.
The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is a nationally recognized municipal transportation agency at the leading edge of multi-modal transportation. In our quickly growing city, accessibility, safety, affordability, and reliability - are top of mind for us every day! Our core values drive our work toward creating an equitable, sustainable, and vibrant city for all. SDOT's core responsibilities include maintenance and operations of the city's transportation right-of-way, the expansion of the city's bicycle and pedestrian network, care of over 240 bridges, permitting use of public spaces and enhancing access to the regional transit system. With approximately 1,100 dedicated staff, SDOT maintains an operational presence 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in all weather conditions to serve and ensure Seattle's public mobility.
SDOT has an exciting opportunity for one permanent Senior Project Controls Analyst on our project portfolio management team (PPMT) within the Finance and Administration Division (FAD). If you are detail-oriented and enjoy a highly collaborative work environment, SDOT has the job for you. These key team members are responsible for ensuring key information associated with capital projects, such as schedule, cost, scope, and risks are documented, monitored, and updated. These Analysts work directly with numerous subject matter experts across the department, including project managers, finance staff, engineers, planners, and managers to coordinate capital project delivery and ensure SDOT is progressing toward our commitment to the people of the City. Come help keep Seattle moving!
- Supports the Capital Project and Project Development Divisions with project controls services. This primarily includes baselining and re-baselining workplans.
- Maintains and enhances the project management/project controls data management system (Clarity PPM) to support project management, internal and external reporting, and documentation.
- Analyzes current and past projects to help inform project schedules for the capital projects division and work closely with project managers to develop project schedules.
- Analyzes and supports the project managers in risk register development incorporating risks into both the schedule and cost estimates.
- Coordinates with program owners to document changes in scope, schedule, and costs, and ensures that tracking/reporting mechanisms accurately reflect capital project status.
- Supports and implements a change management process that works for both staff and management.
- Assists in the development of dashboards and reports utilizing PowerBI and/or Tableau that supplement Clarity PPM and provide an overview of project costs, contingencies, schedule, and budget.
- Works with the team to offer continuous improvement ideas and insights for project controls by keeping abreast of innovative opportunities.
- Acts as a Liaison with finance analysts on funding plans.
- Supports department goals in promoting diversity and social justice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Business Administrat ion, Urban Planning, Construction Management, or related field.
- Four (4) years of experience with capital project or public works construction management.
OR: An equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the position duties.
Though not requirements, strong candidates will have some of the following experience or are able to describe comparable experience:
- Strong background in Microsoft Project and/or P6, including 2-3+ years' experience as a project scheduler.
- Proficient in Project Management/Project Controls and/or Portfolio Management data management systems, including 3+ years' experience with Clarity PPM as a system or data administrator.
- Leveraging technology to increase effectiveness and efficiency, including use of applications like Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Project, P6, Jaspersoft, Access, Excel, Word, SharePoint etc.
- Familiar with capital project delivery principles, including schedules, cost estimating and risk analysis.
- Strong team member and willingness to collaborate with a variety of different teams throughout the Department.
- Ability to work professionally with another language, in addition to English.
- Effectively work in a multi-cultural workplace with a diverse customer base.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Work is typically performed in a hybrid work environment in which a minimum of 2 days of the work is completed in a City office, and 3 days of the work is completed remotely in a regular 40-hour work week.
- Field assignments entail exposure to all types of weather and hazardous construction sites.
- Current Washington State driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility.
Your application will not be reviewed if these items are missing or incomplete.
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered: Completed NEOGOV online application.Supplemental questionnaire responsesCover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications.Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education. Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including a potential background check.
The full salary range for this position is $54.28 - $63.32 hourly.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents. More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: https://www.seattle.gov/human-resources/benefits/employees-and covered family-members/most employees-plans
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents.
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at:
"Most" Employees Plans - Human Resources | seattle.gov
Closing Date/Time: 9/12/2023 4:00 PM Pacific