Senior Business Systems Analyst
Tacoma Public Utilities' Customer Service department is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our team! This role is responsible for providing direction and guidance to staff in process improvement endeavors, technology implementations, and strategic initiatives. This includes training in work procedures and principles, providing oversight of process documentation and analysis, utilizing performance reports to identify areas for improvement, and devising and recommending remediation plans.
This position serves as a department expert for Customer Services Applications. The successful candidate will serve as a release manager and liaison to the Information Technology department and vendors on technology projects, creating plans that include change assessment, build test packages and manage defects from verification to resolution, and provide or coordinate final approval.
Department Specific Tools and Technology
- Identify test scenarios that are candidates for test automation through Worksoft
- Engineer and develop test automation to improve accuracy and speed of technology upgrades and implementations to reduce manual workloads and reduce time to deployment
- Achieve Subject Matter Expert status with department specific technology and applications
- Conduct troubleshooting of assigned applications, documentation of defects and resolution tracking
Requirements Gathering and Documentation
- Serve as SAP EPIC member to document, evaluate and submit IDEA work orders to SAP changes or enhancements
- Facilitate requirements gathering and documentation for technology initiatives
- Analyze requests and requirements to determine ancillary impacts to existing or proposed processes and works with requestor to find optimized solutions
- Complete required documentation and impact assessments; identify and assign work to proper departments and channels for resolution
Process Improvement and Workflow Audits
- Facilitate workshops with business partners to document workflows and business processes with a focus on pain points and inefficiencies
- Lead associate and intermediate level analysts, cross functional teams and impacted groups to identify solutions, increase efficiency, enhance accuracy, and improve customer or end user experiences
- Analyze internal departmental tasks and processes to identify and target improvements in accuracy, efficiency, and efficacy
Technology Upgrades and Implementation
- Lead internal and cross department functional teams in conducting GAP analysis and research into business processes
- Identify and prioritize routine, abnormal and complex test scenarios
- Direct assigned analytical resources in reporting, documenting and tracking defects
Bachelor's degree public or business administration, information technology or directly related field
4 years of progressively responsible analytical and/or functional analyst, user support or database maintenance work in area related to assignment
*Equivalency: 1 year of experience = 1 year of education
Selection Process & Supplemental Information
This recruitment is being managed by Joanna Hambrick; if you would like to be notified of similar opportunities or stay connected with things going on at Tacoma Public Utilities and the City of Tacoma, connect with me on LinkedIn !
City of Tacoma Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Tacoma's diversity is its greatest asset. Tacoma embraces its multi-cultural and multi-ethnic character. Communities of color and immigrant communities are fundamental to Tacoma's entrepreneurial spirit, workforce, and long-term success. In Tacoma, equity and empowerment are top priorities, meaning that all Tacoma residents must have equitable opportunities to reach their full potential and share in the benefits of community progress. One of our goals is for the City of Tacoma workforce to reflect the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play.
The City of Tacoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its workplace. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, and local laws.
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a detailed resume and cover letter that includes job experience, major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received for interview consideration.
Reference checks will be conducted on final candidates and appointment is subject to passing a background check.
Communication from the City of Tacoma:
We primarily communicate via e-mail during the application process. E-mails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk e-mail folders.
If you have any additional questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Department at 253.591.5400 before 4pm on the closing date of this posting.
The City of Tacoma provides excellent medical, dental and vision plans for the whole family; paid holidays and paid leave; participation in the Tacoma Public Employees' Retirement System (alternate plan for Police/Fire); continuing education and advancement opportunities and a growing variety of City-sponsored health and wellness opportunities and incentives.
Medical Coverage: For eligible employees and their families, including domestic partners and dependent children age 26 or younger.
Dental Coverage: For eligible employees and their families, including domestic partners and dependent children age 26 or younger.
Vision Coverage: For eligible employees and their eligible dependents.
Paid Leave: City employees are entitled to received paid holidays, sick/vacation leave or personal time off (PTO), depending upon union affiliation and appointment type.
Insurance Plans: Employees are covered by a long-term disability plan. Short-term and expanded long-term disability insurance plans are also available to employees. The State Industrial Insurance Act also covers employees.
Deferred Compensation: Income can be set aside on a pretax basis and invested for supplementation of normal retirement income.
Retirement: All employees of the City, except members of the Police and Fire services, Tacoma Rail and certain project employees, are included in the Tacoma Employees' Retirement System. Information on the Tacoma Employees' Retirement System can be found at www.cityoftacoma.org or by calling (253) 502-8200.
Other Employment Information
Direct Deposit: Employees are paid on a bi-weekly schedule by direct deposit.
Salary Increases: Based on satisfactory job performance, the City provides for a regular progression of salary increases for most classifications according to the salary schedule.
Union Affiliation: Many job classifications are covered by union security provisions which require union membership, dues, or payment of equivalent service fees.
Note: The provisions of this job announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision contained herein may be modified and/or revoked without notice.
Closing Date/Time: 12/7/2023 5:00 PM Pacific