Office Coordinator – Giaudrone
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours per day: 8
Salary Level: Beginning at 31.24/hr
Benefits: This job has the full range of benefits offered by Tacoma Public Schools.
Additional Information: Salary placement is based on verifiable LIKE work experience.
Examples Of Duties
This position coordinates the operation of the school office; provides secretarial support to the principal; performs a variety of clerical duties including bookkeeping activities; provides lead direction to building secretarial and clerical staff; and promotes a quality customer service environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manages the school's main office; answers and responds to telephone and in-person inquiries from students, parents, staff, and the public; screens calls for the principal and administrators; promotes and ensures a quality customer service environment in the office.
2. Receives, counts, receipts, and deposits Associated Student Body (ASB) and general account funds; makes ledger/journal entries; prepares trial balance and periodic financial statements.
3. Writes requisitions for ASB materials; submits claims for reimbursement; issues and tracks procurement cards; maintains ASB and general petty cash accounts; provides and monitors cash boxes for special events; operates computerized cash register.
4. Serves as the principal's secretary; transcribes dictation; maintains appointment calendar and schedules meetings; composes and types memorandums, correspondence, and other documents; prepares and files confidential materials.
5. Monitors several budgets; keeps the principal informed of budget status.
6. Performs timekeeping activities and maintains related records; schedules substitutes for staff, as assigned, in coordination with district substitute office.
7. Establishes and maintains files for staff, students, and building records; prepares reports, schedules, lists, and other documents; assists with fixed asset inventory as assigned; prepares requisitions; receives supplies and materials; distributes and tracks building keys.
8. Provides first aid and related care to ill or injured students in the absence of the school health room staff; contacts parents and/or makes arrangements to transport students as needed
9. Assists staff in coordinating student field trips, including transportation and payments of fees.
10. Provides lead direction to building secretarial and clerical staff; supervises and trains student assistants
OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Maintains and updates knowledge and skills necessary for success in the position by participating in professional development activities, as needed or as assigned; remains abreast of all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
2. May attend and assist with after school activities and events, as assigned.
3. Assists with a variety of general office and building activities; coordinates special projects; performs related duties as assigned, on a temporary basis.
4. Regular, reliable, predictable attendance or physical presence is an essential job requirement and critical to the performance of the work.
School office environment; experiences prolonged visual concentration and exposure to video display; experiences frequent interruptions; required to deal with angry and distraught students and adults; may be exposed to infectious diseases; occasionally required to attend after-school events and work overtime; may be required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, twist, climb, and/or be mobile.
Education and Experience
High school education or equivalent and three years of secretarial experience with bookkeeping duties; including one year of school office experience; or any combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the work.
Fingerprints and successful WSP and FBI background clearance/sexual misconduct clearance.
Advanced secretarial training may substitute on a month-for-month basis for up to one year of the experience requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures and office practices
Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, and English usage
Skill in operating word processing and spreadsheet software.
Keyboarding, ten-key, and data entry skills.
Ability to preserve confidentiality.
Ability to obtain, clarify, and exchange information.
Ability to organize and coordinate activities.
Ability to prioritize work
Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
Ability to remain calm and use good judgment in a crisis.
Ability to demonstrate reasonable, reliable, and regular attendance.
Ability to make accurate arithmetical calculations.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural, socio-economic setting.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. District administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. D14-02
Tacoma Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
- Civil Rights Coordinator: Renee Trueblood, 253-571-1252, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title IX Coordinator, Elementary: Christa Erolin, 253-571-1318, email@example.com
- Title IX Coordinator, Secondary: Wayne Greer, 253-571-1191, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 504 Coordinator, Elementary: Jennifer Herbold, 253-571-1096, email@example.com
- 504 Coordinator, Secondary: Megan Nelson, 253-571-1003, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1357, Tacoma, WA 98401-1357.
Closing Date/Time: 9/6/2023 11:59 PM Pacific