Nutrition Services Catering Specialist – Nutrition Services
Tacoma Public Schools
First Available Work Date: October 3,2023
Hours per day: 4.0
Salary Level: FS/2A/2, $20.53hr
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 1:00pm
Benefits: This job has the full range of benefits offered by Tacoma Public Schools.
Hiring Bonus: Regular and Substitute Nutrition Services ($500). No high school diploma or GED required. District offering incentives to obtain GED.
Examples Of Duties
This position performs general kitchen duties assigned by the Cook-Manager (or Satellite-Cashier in a satellite school) such as service in the cafeteria, food preparation, or clean-up duties.
1. Loads vehicle with catering and barbecue supplies.
2. Drives vehicle to the catering and barbecue location.
3. Sets up serving tables according to the catering and/or barbecue needs.
4. Sets up barbecue grill according to the "Barbecue Line Set Up" sheet.
5. Cooks hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled onions and other menued foods.
6. Maintains neat and clean work area and equipment; performs cleanup duties as needed.
7. Follows proper safety and sanitation procedures.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Performs related duties as assigned.
Required to stand for prolonged periods of time; required to frequently lift or carry heavy objects; required to be precise; required to work with gas and briquette barbecue grills; exposed to infectious diseases.
Education and Experience
Food service work experience desirable; High school diploma or equivalent; or any combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and procedures.
Knowledge of English usage including spelling and reading.
Knowledge of product preparation and equipment operation.
Ability to lift 50 pounds using proper safety precautions.
Ability to follow instructions and accept constructive criticism.
Ability to maintain neat appearance and good personal hygiene.
Ability to demonstrate reasonable, reliable and regular attendance.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural, diverse socio-economic setting.
Current Food and Beverage Handler's permit.
Valid Washington State driver's license with access to personal transportation.
Fingerprints and successful WSP and FBI background clearance/Sexual Misconduct clearance.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. District administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Tacoma Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
- Civil Rights Coordinator: Renee Trueblood, 25-57-252, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title IX Coordinator, Elementary: Christa Erolin, 25-57-8, email@example.com
- Title IX Coordinator, Secondary: Wayne Greer, 25-57-9, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 504 Coordinator, Elementary: Jennifer Herbold, 25-57-096, email@example.com
- 504 Coordinator, Secondary: Megan Nelson, 25-57-00, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing address: P.O. Box 57, Tacoma, WA 9840-57.
Closing Date/Time: 11/5/2023 11:59 PM Pacific