North American Merchandising Manager
Our Mission: From our roots in the Pacific Northwest, we will grow a global lifestyle brand for empowered people who share our genuine spirit to find new ways forward.
Our Culture: We believe in iconic products, engineered for versatility, designed to be our consumer's favorite. We believe in sustainability and efficiency in our products and in our processes. We believe technology enables global engagement with consumers, and powers a trusted experience for our customers.
Our Location: Our Seattle Fulfillment Center (SFC) is located in the heart of the Ikea Commercial District where we have 200,000 square feet of state of the art production and inventory. We maximize our facility with two shifts of production, five days per week. We enjoy a culturally diverse workforce and promote team orientated solutions to delight our customers.
This position is Hybrid with remote days and onsite at our Seattle Fulfillment Center in Renton, Washington. Onsite days are required for this position. Our North American Merchandising Manager will be required to travel, including international travel, as needed for sourcing locations.
Joining the C&B Family Products Leadership team, the North American Merchandising Manager will drive successful execution of our product strategy and align to sales growth, gross margin improvements for North American Cutter & Buck brand and Clique brand as well as sustainability achievements.
Management Process Ownership & Accountability:
You will define, document, and continuously improve our Merchandising Processes that enable the execution of our Market Winning Product Series strategy. To achieve your objectives, you must establish and maintain collaborative cross-functional relationships with Design, Inventory Management, Sourcing and Sales.
- Product Planning
- Perform sales & market analysis to identify phase-out & product relaunch opportunities, as well category expansions and new product viability.
- Future Product Brief's clearly defined and communicated to Design.
- Long Range Line Plan creation and maintenance
- Design and maintain a development Calendar to insure on-time, on-budget, and on-spec New Style Introductions
- Sourcing Costs and Pricing
- Negotiation and administration of FOB and LDP costing of all products
- Establishing prices that win markets and continuously improve overall Gross Margin
- Continuously maintain Wholesale and MSRP prices for existing products to optimize our achieved Gross Margin.
- Sales Planning
- Establish an expected Sales Plan for future and existing products through market research, historical analysis (utilizing Tableau software) and collecting intelligence from major customers or platforms.
- Ensure all product information is completed and delivered to Sales Operations and Marketing to ensure new product introductions are on time.
Mindset and orientation:
- Adoption of Cutter & Buck's Mission and Values.
- Maintaining a customer-first position.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate flexibility in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Embrace challenges, learn from criticism, and be willing to see effort as the path to mastery.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in merchandising field and
5+ years experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Sourcing, or Strategic Marketing
Proven skills with compiling and analyzing reports and strong experience using Excel , including exceptional attention to detail.
Ability to communicate clearly in writing, in-person, on video and creat ing pr esentations with PowerPoint or Canva.
Data Visualization experience with Tableau or other visualization tools highly desired.
Experience working in fast paced environment similar or in wholesale consumer goods with a focus on gross margin.
Continuous Learning: Cutter & Buck Management Reading List Completed within First 180 Days of Employment
- High energy, dynamic work environment where you have quick access to all areas of the organization.
- International travel as well as additional travel is required.
- This position is hybrid - remote and in office. This position will be required onsite regularly at our Seattle Fulfillment Center in Renton, Washington without need to travel.
Our Workplace: Employees shall work in a non-hostile work environment. That is, the employee is expected not to engage in any activity that unreasonably interferes with performance of any other employee, such as sexual harassment, unlawful discrimination or any other behavior that unduly demeans or intimidates another employee.
Our Employees: Full Time Employees enjoy employer subsidized medical, dental and vision eligibility, Paid Sick leave and Annual Vacation leave. Employees are also eligible for participation in our 401k plan with company match and ten (10) paid holidays in a calendar year.
Cutter & Buck is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and socially responsible company. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment post-offer substance abuse testing, complete post-offer background check are required for all positions. A clear driving record may be required for certain positions.
Cutter & Buck, Inc. is a socially responsible company.