Management Systems Analyst – Planning & Scheduling
Seattle City Light, a department of the City of Seattle, is one of the nation's largest municipally owned utilities in terms of the number of customers served. Over the years we have worked very hard to keep Seattle's electricity affordable, reliable, and environmentally sound. Today, City Light is a recognized national leader in energy efficiency and environmental stewardship.
Transmission & Distribution Operations is recruiting for Management Systems Analyst positions in the Planning & Scheduling unit. This team is responsible for reviewing and coordinating the Division's capital and maintenance operations for both the North and South Service Centers and is responsible for planning and scheduling work for approximately 300 employees. This position will report into the Scheduling and Planning Supervisor.
Job Responsibilities - Here is more about what you'll be doing:
• Studies and analyzes a variety of informational, operational and management problems to determine program and system needs; recommends solutions to meet those needs.
• Develops or assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of automated and manual management information systems.
• Prepares comprehensive reports, a variety of correspondence and memorandums outlining findings and recommendations.
• Analyzes training needs of users, trains users in system software and system output and controls.
• Prepares block diagrams, flow charts, organization charts, and other work aids.
• Performs other duties of a comparable level/type as required.
Required Qualifications: In addition to the skills and experience mentioned below, a successful applicant will have experience that reflects a commitment to creating fair and equitable outcomes and has:
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, finance, computer science or a related field (or a combination of education, training and/or experience that provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the classification).
Experience: Two years in systems, operational, procedures, research or analysis
Certification/License:Current Washington State Driver's License.
Desired Qualifications: You will be successful if you have the following experience, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work with a diverse work force, excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience utilizing Work Asset Management System (WAMS) and SharePoint to enter and collect data and develop reports.
- Effectively able to manage multiple assignments and change directions as priorities change.
- Self-starter and have ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Comfortable working with the skilled trades work force requiring a varied interactive approach.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio to prepare and write reports, correspondence, organizational charts, and presentations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent communications skills; both orally and in writing.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice .
Please submit the following with your online application:
- A cover letter in which you clearly describe how your knowledge, experience, skills, and abilities prepare you for the job responsibilities and qualifications outlined in the job announcement
- A current resume of your educational and professional work experience.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all candidates that meet the qualifications. Seattle City Light values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Seattle City Light encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process, including the completion of a background check. The background check will involve a criminal history check, which includes conviction and arrest records in compliance with the Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance , SMC 14.17 and the City of Seattle Personnel Rule 10.3 . A driving history review may be conducted in compliance with SMC 4.79.020 . Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
The full salary range for this position is $40.08 to $46.68 per hour.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents. More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: https://www.seattle.gov/human-resources/benefits/employees-and-covered-family-members/most-employees-plans .
Want to know more about Seattle City Light? Check out our web page: http://www.seattle.gov/light/ .
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents.
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at:
"Most" Employees Plans - Human Resources | seattle.gov
Closing Date/Time: 11/14/2023 4:00 PM Pacific