ELECTIONS WORKER – Ballot Processors, Ballot Pickup, Vote Center
Kitsap County Elections manages voter registrations and elections for more than 180,000 voters in Kitsap County. As a leader in providing fair, open and accurate elections, Kitsap County Elections Division is currently hiring temporary employees to work a variety of positions within the Elections Division.
Election Workers work to support the administration of Elections in Kitsap County. Specific job duties will vary based on the needs of the Elections Division. Training is provided.
- The first review of applications will take place the week of December 11, 2023.
- Onboarding of selected candidates will take place in January of 2024.
- Training will commence in February and March for the 2024 election cycles.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Candidates must have punctual attendance and the ability to work the hours required for the assigned tasks. Depending upon the assigned work locations, workers may have little or no public transportation available. Reliable transportation to work locations is required. Basic computer skills are required to perform ballot processing or work at the Vote Center.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Efficient, accurate data entry.
- Attention to detail and proof-reading skills
- Ability to file numerically or alphabetically with accuracy
- Ability to follow directions with strict rules and regulations
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and accurate manner
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, lift, and/or move 25lbs.
- Reaching above and/or below shoulder
- Handling/grasping documents or equipment
- Work may be performed in an office, public space, or outdoor environment
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
Kitsap County Auditor, Elections Division believes in an agile working environment. Creating a team that delivers now and in the future is very important. There may be various job duties that could be assigned to any employee.
Examples of Job Duties:
Customer Service - Assist voters with questions on site, answer incoming calls, provide basic election information, look up voter information, and/or call voters to verify information; enter data and validate voter information for various election related activities.
Voter Services/Registration - Process incoming voter registration forms, enter voter information for various election related activities.
Production - Provide support for large-scale operations, including preparing and delivering election materials, reconciling, and maintaining data. Production jobs process incoming ballots and may require standing or sitting in one location for long periods of time. Most positions require lifting and moving ballot trays weighing up to 25 lbs. This may also include driving as part of ballot collection.
OTHER POSITION RELATED INFORMATION
- Who May Apply: This position is open to the general public. Applications will be screened continuously for completion of all the required materials and forms. The most competitive applicants may be contacted for further steps in the selection process, which may include testing for office and computer skills.
- Covered by the Kitsap County Extra Help Policy.
- Kitsap County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact our Human Resources Office.
- The office is open 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m. Monday through Friday. The number of work hours will vary according to the workload. During peak election cycles some positions may work evenings and weekends.
- Selected candidates will be hired on at Step 1 at $15.74/hr.
No benefits are offered with this position exceptthose required by the state or federal law.
Closing Date/Time: 12/10/2023 12:34 PM Pacific