Director, Partnership Development
Job Title: Director, Partnership Development
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports To: Sr. Director, Partnership Development
The Seattle Seahawks are seeking a Director of Partnership Development that will be responsible for generating new business opportunities with sponsors for the Seahawks who are looking to engage with consumers and the community in a meaningful way.
This position will work closely with the Sales, Activation, Marketing, Broadcast and the Operations teams. Furthermore, this role will require a dynamic individual who can interface with the senior executives of partner organizations and think creatively about the application of our assets to close deals. The Director of Partnership Development will also focus on larger accounts and be category-driven to maximize local, regional and national revenue opportunities by selling new corporate partnership programs and growing our existing base.
- Proactively identify and close new Sponsorship/Partnership opportunities with new and existing partners to achieve annual revenue target ($1M+)
- Develop strategic sales tools including presentations, pricing, prospecting lists and pipelines
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the Sponsorship Management team to capitalize on team and stadium access to generate more impactful partnerships over traditional sponsorship packages
- Use cold calls, social selling and professional networking to generate new prospects with local and national brands
- Deliver compelling presentations with passion and enthusiasm that will motivate and inspire partners and sponsors
- Develop customized sponsorship packages using inventory controlled by the organization to generate new revenue and meet the needs of clients
- Work together with Business Intelligence department to provide support with key market and competitor information in order to identify local market trends and opportunities across all categories
- Networking and relationship-building: Develop and maintain excellent relationships across the sports industry in the main territories, including but not limited to: global companies, regional brands, NFL franchises, sports marketing agencies, advertising agencies, government funds, charity organizations, media and PR companies
- Brand Development Initiatives: Contribute to the development of new initiatives that increase our engagement with existing and new Seahawks fans through creative partnerships
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder will be required to carry out tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and experience below required
- 3+ years of experience selling the assets of a professional sports team including: television commercials, radio commercials, stadium signage, internet advertising, retail promotions, hospitality, community relations/special events and logos/marks usage
- Experience selling 7-figure deals
- Strongly prefer experience with multiple sports and entertainment property sales
- Self-motivated with high energy sales drive
- Proven track record of closing business by building quality client relationships
- Creativity to structure mutually beneficial deals
- Excellent, proven cold call skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, based on business needs
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The salary range for this position is: $125,000 - $140,000 + Commissions. The salary range applies to the current posting. The posted salary range may vary based on key factors including, but not limited to, education, job-related knowledge, experience and skill set.
- We offer excellent benefits, please view here: https://www.seahawks.com/about/employment/benefits