Desktop Support and Web Systems Analyst (StratAdvsr-LEG BU)
The City of Seattle is looking for a Desktop Support and Web Systems Analyst (Strategic Advisor-LEG BU) to join the Office of the City Clerk in the Legislative Department .
This is an exciting opportunity for an early to mid-career IT specialist to play a major role in supporting the legislative process and grow your skills in web development. As a Desktop Support and Web Systems Analyst for the Office of the City Clerk, your responsibilities will include providing technical support to a wide range of users, assisting users with troubleshooting, and providing technology-related responses. You will also play a key role in supporting and maintaining department databases and programs, audiovisual systems, and web and data servers, as well as contributing to the needs analysis, planning, and implementation of software and systems.
About the Office of the City Clerk (OCC):
The OCC is central to government transparency and strives to instill public confidence and encourage public engagement by ensuring that the highest standards of integrity are met throughout the legislative process and in management of the public record. Policymakers, lawyers, architects, planners, scholars, students, and members of the general public throughout the city and across the country rely on our resources to do their work and accomplish their goals.
The Legislative Department values diverse perspectives and life experiences, and this position is open to all candidates that meet the qualifications. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
You will be prepared to take on this role if you:
- Embody the Office of the City Clerk's Mission, Vision, and Values (Public Service, Accountability, Respect, and Stewardship)
- Are a curious, highly motivated self-starter that is eager to learn and grow their skillset
- Are passionate about customer service and are eager to dive into new challenges with an abundance of positivity and urgency
- Enjoy helping others with their technology needs
- Can easily communicate complex tech issues to non-tech people
- Have experience providing computer support real-time under high pressure situations
- Are motivated to work towards ending institutional and systemic racism
Here is more about what you will be doing:
Serve as a member of the department technical support team:
- Provide technical support to users including appointed and elected officials
- Coordinate support triage with IT team
- Prepare and install replacement computers, peripherals, and cellular equipment
- Recover and process retired hardware for disposal
- Utilize diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems
- Collaborate with partnering service teams
- Utilize and create technical documentation
- Actively manage assigned tickets with accurate and timely information
- Respond to requests for support, software installations, system maintenance and enhancements
- Support users working from remote locations
- Support audiovisual systems and web conferencing technologies
- Participate in support rotation hosting and supporting "hybrid remote" City Council meetings.
- Carry a City-issued cellular phone providing occasional support outside of standard working hours
Support the department web and data servers:
- Create, manage and update web content and interfaces using HTML, CSS and other web technologies
- Create and maintain scripts and batch routines using Python, Perl, BAT and PowerShell
- Maintain and update Microsoft SQL and MySQL databases and servers
- Maintain IIS web servers
- Enhance and troubleshoot data synchronization using scripts and API
Please note that the intent of this job posting is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, and employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
You will be effective in this role if you demonstrate the following experience, skills, abilities, and knowledge:
- Two (2) years of experience using and managing Windows and Microsoft Office in an enterprise environment
- Two (2) years of experience providing computer support, repair, troubleshooting and customer service to end-users on both hardware and software issues.
- One (1) year of professional or institutional experience programing and scripting using Python, PowerShell or similar language
- Experience with one or more of the following: desktop computer remote control software, computer imaging software, creation of automated batch files and creation of software installation packages
- Advanced knowledge with web programing using HTML, CSS, JSON and other web technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of server technologies including Windows Server, SharePoint, MS-SQL and IIS
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Products
To be highly successful in the position, you should possess or demonstrate:
- Experience in receiving and provisioning of new equipment, repurposing equipment and retiring equipment
- Basic knowledge of computer technology principles
- Basic knowledge of data and system security and other similar technical processes
- Ability to establish and maintain exceptional customer relationships
- Ability to maintain technical documentation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with coworkers, internal customers, and other project team members
- Ability to take ownership of tasks/ issues and seeing them through to completion/ resolution
- Ability to independently solve complex system or technical problems by using analytical skills and logic to offer multiple creative solutions or options
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience using excellent grammar, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Note: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they feel they meet every qualification. However, everyone brings different strengths to the table for a job, and people can be successful in a role in a variety of ways. If you are excited about this job but your experience doesn't perfectly check every box in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands/ Other:
- Able to lift, carry, and maneuver up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations
- May be responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of equipment and boxes of varying sizes and weights by hand, as well as physical bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, or crawling in a safe and efficient manner.
This position is represented by the PROTEC 17 bargaining unit.
The Legislative Department is located at the Seattle City Hall: 600 Fourth Ave. 3rd Floor, Seattle, WA. This position allows for the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule with a two-day in-office minimum requirement that may change over time based on operational needs.
TOTAL COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This full-time position is classified as a Strategic Advisor- Legislative- BU. This role is exempt from the FLSA and the Seattle Civil Service System. The full salary range for this position (Strategic Advisor- LEG BU) is $91,642 - $163,971 annually. The salary range for this individual role has been identified as $91,642 - $111,708 annually ($43.89 - $53.50 hourly).
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental vision, life, and long-term disability insurance for employees. More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: https://www.seattle.gov/human-resources/benefits/employees-and-covered-family-members/most-employees-plans .
WHY WORK AT THE CITY
The City of Seattle recognizes every City employee must play a role in ending institutional and structural racism. Our culture is the result of our behavior, our personal commitments, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. To cultivate an antiracist culture, we seek employees who will engage in the Race and Social Justice Initiative by working to dismantle racist policies and procedures, unlearn the way things have always been done, and provide equitable processes and services.
To be considered for this position, qualified candidates must submit the following:
- Completed online application and supplemental questionnaire
- Attach a PDF of your Resume
For optimal consideration, we encourage you to include a cover letter with your application. We encourage you to use your cover letter to discuss why you want to do this work and how you meet the qualifications for the position. Your resume should summarize the talent, experience, knowledge, and skills you bring to this work.
If you have any questions, please contact Jane Cho, HR Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents.
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at:
"Most" Employees Plans - Human Resources | seattle.gov
Closing Date/Time: 9/26/2023 4:00 PM Pacific