Performs supervisory work in the cleaning, disinfecting, and custodial care of City-owned facilities.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
This description was prepared to indicate the kinds of activities and levels of work difficulty required of positions in this class. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities.
- Reviews the custodial schedule tasking daily. Plans, assigns, and supervises semi-skilled employees engaged in the cleaning and custodial care of City-owned facilities.
- Schedules and adjusts as needed, the number of employees required to perform custodial work based upon the number, type, and size of scheduled activities.
- Schedules work and provides training to permanent and temporary/seasonal employees in the proper use of equipment and supplies, the occupational hazards of the work, and the necessary safety precautions.
- Coordinates cleaning and tasking in cooperation with other staff involved in setup/changeover activities. Supplements setup/changeover staff and supervises as necessary to ensure work is accomplished on schedule and according to plans.
- Obtains bids from contractors on large custodial contracts. Checks the work being performed for quality and to ensure timeliness.
- Responds to custodial requests and concerns from all other City departments.
- Determines the best equipment and supplies available for the tasks within the different facilities such as the fabrics and materials used in these facilities; orders and maintains an inventory of such equipment and supplies.
- Plans annual, semi-annual, and seasonal custodial projects
- Participates in the hiring process for permanent custodial employees. Hires and terminates temporary/seasonal employees as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget as to equipment, supplies, and the need for part- time/seasonal custodial help.
- Performs related work as required.
Combinations of education and experience that are equivalent to the following minimum qualifications are acceptable.
• Experience: Four years of work supervising custodial crews involved in the cleaning and comprehensive custodial care of large buildings or complexes.
Licenses and Certifications:
• A valid driver's license is required, to be maintained throughout employment.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and pass the examination for this position to be eligible for hire.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit a City of Spokane employment application online by 4:00 p.m. on the filing cut-off date.
Upon request, at time of application, the City will provide alternative accessible tests to individuals with disabilities that impair manual, sensory, or speaking skills needed to take the test, unless the test is intended to measure those skills.
The examination will consist of a Training and Experience Evaluation (T&E), with scoring weight assigned as follows:
- T&E 100%
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION DETAILS
The Training and Experience examination with instructions will be emailed out via a link from FastTest (email@example.com) upon review of the applicant's minimum qualifications. Once you receive the link, the testing window is Thursday to the following Tuesday at 4:00 PM.
- Copies of your college or university transcripts (unofficial transcripts are accepted) may be a required part of this application and will be used to verify that you meet the minimum qualifications, as posted on the job announcement.
- Responses to your T&E questions should be consistent with the information given in your application details. Answers are subject to verification.
- Failure to complete all the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score; therefore, it is advantageous for you to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question.
- Resumes or questionnaires uploaded as attachments will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question online.
- "See Resume" or "See above," etc., and copy/paste from a previous answer are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
- TIP: It may be more efficient to develop your responses in a word processing document and then paste them into the online questionnaire to be submitted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran/military status or disability status. As a Fair Chance employer, City of Spokane does not conduct initial background screening for non-public safety positions.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-09-11